SEREMBAN: A senior assistant who was being investigated for allegedly molesting several male students in a school here has been transferred to the district education office.
The man, in his early 40s, had been teaching in the school for four years. State Education director Datuk Abdullah Mohammad said he would issue a statement on the matter today.
”My officers have submitted a report to me. We will be thorough with the investigation,” he said.
It is learnt that the molest cases had been going on for two years at the teacher’s house and the matter came to light when a former victim, now in Form One, reported the matter to his policeman father.
The boy’s parents confronted the school headmaster and they were advised to lodge a police report, which they did at the Seremban 2 station on Monday.
Abdullah said as of yesterday, no student or former student of the school had lodged a report against the teacher.
“However, we will suspend the teacher if we have reason to believe his former student’s story,” he said.
The Star Online: 24 Oktober 2008