Rabu, 16 Julai 2008

REPORT CARDS: SWOT would have been more useful

By : P.K.R., Kuala Lumpur

A FEW days ago, I went to collect my daughter's report card and it turned out to be nothing more than an academic exercise.

The teacher merely pointed out my daughter's marks and mentioned what her weak subjects were and suggested she put in more effort.

How nice it would have been if the teachers are trained to do a strength, weakness, opportunities and threats evaluation (SWOT) on my daughter.

Using the SWOT template, the teacher could have told me the things that are not written on the report card.

If the class teacher is really involved and committed to my daughter, she would know and tell me what it is that she does well in school.

The New Straits Times Online: 15 Julai 2008

Tiada ulasan: